As a prepaid Airtel customer, it is important to keep track of your remaining balance to avoid unexpected interruptions in your communication and internet services.
Checking your Airtel balance is a simple and straightforward process that can be done through various methods. In this article, we will discuss the different ways you can check your Airtel balance.
How to Check Airtel Balance
To check your Airtel balance, you can use any of the following methods:
- Dial *121# from your Airtel number and select the option for balance inquiry. You will receive an SMS with your remaining balance.
- Dial *123# from your Airtel number and you will receive an SMS with your main balance, as well as any bonus balances.
- Download the Airtel Thanks app on your phone, log in with your Airtel number and password, and you will be able to see your balance on the home screen.
- Call Airtel customer care at 121 and ask the representative for your remaining balance.
- Send an SMS with the keyword “BAL” to 121 and you will receive an SMS with your balance details.
These are the most common methods for checking your Airtel balance. Choose the one that is most convenient for you.
Can I Check My Airtel Balance on Apps?
Yes, you can check your Airtel balance on various Airtel apps. One such app is the Airtel Thanks app, which is available for download on both Android and iOS platforms.
Once you download and install the app, you can log in with your Airtel number and password to access various features, including checking your balance.
On the app’s home screen, you can view your remaining balance, data balance, and any active recharge plans. You can also view your transaction history and recharge history, as well as pay bills, buy new recharge packs, and manage your account settings.
Apart from the Airtel Thanks app, there are also other Airtel apps, such as the Airtel Xstream app and the Airtel TV app, which offer various entertainment services, but may also allow you to check your Airtel balance.
Using Airtel apps to check your balance is a convenient and hassle-free method, and allows you to access other services that Airtel offers.
What Are the Most Common Airtel Service Codes?
Here are some of the most common Airtel service codes that you can use to manage your Airtel prepaid or postpaid account:
- *121# – Airtel main menu for managing various services, including balance inquiry, data balance inquiry, activating or deactivating value-added services, and more.
- *123# – Airtel main menu for managing your account, including balance inquiry, data balance inquiry, recharge history, and more.
- *141# – Airtel main menu for activating or deactivating value-added services, such as caller tunes, missed call alerts, and more.
- *222# – Airtel menu for checking your special offers and promotions.
- *325# – Airtel main menu for activating or deactivating 4G services.
- *567# – Airtel menu for managing your Hello tunes or caller tunes.
- *678# – Airtel menu for activating or deactivating Airtel live services.
- *888# – Airtel main menu for activating or deactivating Airtel balance transfer service.
- 1909 – Airtel customer care number for activating or deactivating Do Not Disturb (DND) services.
These are some of the most common Airtel service codes that you can use to manage your account and services. Note that some of these codes may vary depending on your location or Airtel plan, so it’s always best to check with Airtel customer care if you are unsure.
In conclusion, checking your Airtel balance is a crucial aspect of managing your prepaid account. With the different methods available, including dialing USSD codes, using the Airtel Thanks app, calling customer care, and sending an SMS, you can easily stay up-to-date with your remaining balance.
Knowing your balance allows you to plan your communication needs accordingly and avoid any unexpected disruptions. So, the next time you need to check your Airtel balance, just use one of the convenient methods discussed in this article.